Monday, September 19, 2011

BMW E60 steering squeek advice required?

Hi, my 2005 BMW 525D E60 has 117K miles on the clock and has recently started to develop a squeak when I turn the steering wheel left or right. Now, this only developed after I took my car into the BMW main dealer to have my nearside tie rod end changed. BMW state that them simply changing a tie rod end would not affect the steering and refused to assist. I took the car for wheel alignment and wheel balancing, but this has made no difference. I have heard some people that all that is needed is some lubricant?
BMW E60 steering squeek advice required?
I would use white lithium grease rather then WD-40. Lithium grease has much better lubricating properties and dries into a paste so it wont evaporate off when exposed to heat as WD-40 would.

It also works good as a temporary leak fix on rubber seals.
BMW E60 steering squeek advice required?
so try spraying wd 40 where you think squeak is and or take it to a better shop you know dealership in business to sale car where shops in business to repair them dealership higher and least likey place to get repairs
Not true. A dry tie rod socket will certainly be noisy and wd40 is not the fix. If the tie rod is the cause of the noise then it needs chassis grease or replacement.
  • com and interop
  • loreal hair
  •