Monday, September 19, 2011

Issues with a Honda Accord EX 2004 I want to buy..are these a big deal?

Hi



I recently found a very clean second-hand Accord EX 2004, full options, Auto and Leather. I took it to the Honda Dealership for inspection, the mechanic at Honda told me there were the following issues:



1. AC Condenser had a dent (didn't look big to me) probably caused by a stone/rock, they told me the whole part needed to be changed costing $790 saying they never know when it will cause the AC to fail



2. Tie Rod Arm has been changed but is ok

3. Rust on brakes, but brakes work fine

4. Leakage in the CV Boot

5. Wipers didnt work, so the selling dealership fixed the motor and regulator for the wipers.



Other than that everything looked ok, some parts in car have minor corrosions because of the snow in NJ



My question is: What do you think of the car, are these problems major ones?



Thank you
Issues with a Honda Accord EX 2004 I want to buy..are these a big deal?
All of those %26quot;problems%26quot; are normal, it happens and they are definately not any major problems



what I would do is get a carfax.com ( you need the VIN NUMBER ) and check out the history on the car, when/why it was taken to a mechanic/ accidents/ any problems with the car



Another thing is everytime you take your car to a mechanic they are trying to get YouR money, So they look at everything possible and turn it in to a big situation trust me I used to be a mechanic.



I am not sure where they got the estimate of $790 becuase the part is only $100.00-$120.00 and labor would not be alot you can even do it or a friend could. ( when you buy the part it is easy to install and comes with detailed instructions ) BUT AGAIN..that ac condenser is not a problem at all, they just want you to buy something from them.



Sounds like a good car to me but i would advise you to get carfax report



How much is the car?



natedogg717171@yahoo.com
Issues with a Honda Accord EX 2004 I want to buy..are these a big deal?
These are not major problems, even the AC may work another 3 years w/o any problems, but show it to the owner and ask for the discount!