Friday, September 23, 2011

Engine running rough in a Dodge Stratus 2002?

My car seems to be running differently. I just had the oil changed and all my fluids checked, everything was fine. I just recently had the brake pads replaced and my tie rod replaced. My engine seems to be reving more and when I go to break it has this odd %26quot;hiccup%26quot; where it almost seems like it isn't going to stop. It's not the breaks, it's the engine and I'm not sure what the problem could be and I need some ideas of what I could do or if I do need to take it in and what I would say to the mechinc about what the problem could be.
Engine running rough in a Dodge Stratus 2002?
next fuel fillup put some fuel injector cleaner in the tank i have owned a few dodges in my life all had fuel injector problems try a tune up too can't hurt to try

good luck
Engine running rough in a Dodge Stratus 2002?
are you sure you got the correct weight of the oil? some oils are more viscous than others..
need more info. is it a coupe or sedan? 4 cylinder or 6?
it sounds like your engine is misfiring; check the spark plugs and the air filter
Might be time for a tune up.
It sounds like the shop left a vacuum line loose. Possibly to the brake booster. A vacuum leak willmake your car run badly including revving up and not wanting to stop. Take it back to the shop that worked on it and talk to the service or store manager and explain to him that this problem started after your last visit. If he doesn't fix it for free take it somewhere else, explain to them what happened at the other shop This will give them an idea what to look for. If they do find something underhanded going on, then you just found yourself a new shop who is honest and sympathetic to you. And the other shop can be held liable for trying to rip you off.



ASE technician
sounds like a vacuum leak, from what you describe. listen for a hissing sound. most likely a broken or disconnected rubber hose.