Thursday, September 15, 2011

Outer tie rod is loose? Should I change it?

I've had a worn out tie rod on my old car and it was rusted out and it fell off. But it was pretty old and wore out. Now on my new car a mechanic told me my outer tie rod was loose, he never implied that I should change it rather than just tighten it. In this case I would assume it needs to be tightened. I know all these mechanics especially in the big shops tell you one thing to get you to do something you dont need. I havent looked to see if its worn yet. Whats the catch?
Outer tie rod is loose? Should I change it?
yes, change it, there is no adjustment on that critter, some play (not much) is ok but it isn't worth the risk even a little can be enough to mess up the alinment. change it and get it on the rack
Outer tie rod is loose? Should I change it?
change it! Tie rods only get loose when their worn out listen to your mechanic
Yes, change it. We have to be careful about these worldly people who want to rip us off. We're not on the new earth yet where Jesus reigns supreme.



We must be wise as serpents and innocent as doves. (see Matt. 10:16)