Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I change the passenger side inner tie rod on a 1993 Saturn SL2?

Are there any special tools I might need, and what procedure do I follow? I've been trying to change this, along with the outer tie rod, but I can't get either one of them off. There is a large boot covering the far end of the inner tie rod, I can slide it back some, but I can't seem to get it off. Any suggestions would be great.
How do I change the passenger side inner tie rod on a 1993 Saturn SL2?
Yes, you need a inner tie-rod remover tool you can get at the parts store. First, put P B Blaster on the nuts. Then, loosen the outer tie-rod lock nut. Next, take the out tie-rod off and count how many times you turn it, so you can put it back in the same place. Then, take off the boot covering the inner tie-rod,(try to reuse the clamp...if not , put a hose clamp on it). Then, use the remover tool to take it off. I have used a small pipe wrench to remove them b4, if there is room. Put on new part....make sure its tight...and reverse the process to finish.
How do I change the passenger side inner tie rod on a 1993 Saturn SL2?
go to the library and check out a repair manual for the car. That should have step by steo instructions. AutoZone %26amp; O'riellys carry them as well, but you have to buy them